We can all agree that any book written by or about John Wooden are some of the best books to read to improve as coaches. However, there a number of thought provoking reads that will not only help you become a better coach, but a better person. Below is a list of some of our favorite books that we recommend you read in 2014.
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- InsideOutCoaching: How Sports Can Transform Lives by Joe Ehrmann
- Talent Code: Great Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How by Daniel Coyle
- Toughness: Developing True Strength On and Off the Court by Jay Bilas
- Win Forever: Live, Work, and Play Like a Champion by Pete Carroll
- The Gold Standard: Building a World Class Team by Mike Krzyzewski.
- The Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
- Training Camp: What the Best Do Better than Everyone Else by Jon Gordon
- One Word that Will Change Your Life by Jon Gordon
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of tremendous books out there. What are some books that have helped you either in your coaching career or in your life? Share below!
Latest posts by FastModel Sports (see all)
- Defense Debate: Which Way Do You Force Opponents? - January 13, 2021
- Playbank Recap: The Most Downloaded Drills of 2020 - January 8, 2021
- Playbank Recap: The Most Downloaded Diagrams of 2020 - January 4, 2021