We live in a social world these days, there’s no doubt about it. People love to share their every idea, emotion and creation. Certainly, there are positives and negatives to this – let’s focus on the positive!
Sharing is a natural part of the coaching world as well, everything from plays, philosophies, training – you name it. Face it, there are only so many possible sets to run with five players on a court – not many brand new offenses or defenses are being created out of the blue. Many coaches share (and steal!) plays from others at all levels of the game. And if something works against you, why wouldn’t you add it to your own playbook?!
FastDraw has many great features, including organizing all of your plays in one convenient place. We wanted to focus on two that help you share your plays either with your staff, players, or with colleagues on social media.
Copying Image of Play in FastDraw
For starters, if you are not using FastScout to create your team’s reports, you should be! You can easily add your FastDraw diagrams directly into a report individually or as a full playbook. But, if you are using a program like Word or Powerpoint in your preparation, you can follow this process to copy the image of your play and paste it into your scout.
- In the Draw tab, click on the play you want in your library.
- In the play editor (right side), right click (or hold CONTROL and click) on the image/frame of the play.
- Select Copy Image to Clipboard and choose either the entire play or a the single frame. (For example: If a play is 4 frames, selecting Copy Image of Play to Clipboard will turn all 4 frames of the play into a single image. Choosing Copy Image of Selected Play to Clipboard will just copy that individual frame.)
- The play/frame is now copied and you can go to another program (Word, PowerPoint, even text message) and paste it.
- This will include the title of the play and any frame descriptions you have entered.
Formatting and Exporting from PlayBank
Every play in our database of over 7,000 plays can be directly downloaded to a FastDraw account, as well as be emailed, printed or PDF’d. You can always right click on any frame of a play and Save/Download/Copy the image. However, this will only do so for that one individual frame.
There is another handy feature that allows for downloading an entire play as a single image. This is the “Embed” feature pictured below.
To format an entire play with all frames included into one image, follow this process:
- Click on the Embed button on the right underneath the play title.
- Adjust the Rows and to your preference. 1 Row will keep the play in a single line. If the play is 4 frames, changing to 2 Rows will make it a nice square. You do not need to adjust Columns ever.
- Change Width and Height however you like depending on what size you want the image to be. Instagram uses dimensions of 1080 x 1080 for a square image, for example.
- Decide to keep checked or uncheck Play Title, Include Frame Label and Include Frame Description if these are necessary to show up on your play image or not.
- Once your settings are good to go, right click and select Download Image.
Again, formatting is all personal preference based on how you will be using the image, so take some time playing with different Rows and Sizes. As a note, due to the advanced technology of this feature, it is sometimes slow to react. It is helpful to click somewhere in the white space after making an adjustment to let it take affect before making another.
There is one final option to export images of your playbook, which if you have set to showing 1 play per page, will essentially turn your play into an image. That process is detailed in this help guide: Exporting FastDraw Images
We hope this tutorial proves helpful to coaches that are frequent FastDraw users and PlayBank visitors wanting to share the game with their colleagues, staff and players. Of course, when posting on social media, the final step is to tag us! We love seeing what coaches are creating and sharing, and we will retweet/repost to keep growing this beautiful game.
Latest posts by FastModel Sports (see all)
- Olympiacos Wins Greek Cup, Reaches EuroLeague Final Four With Help of FastScout Pro - September 27, 2022
- Using Zipper Action to Set Up Multiple Scoring Options - September 13, 2022
- Melbourne United Finds Innovative Ways to Maximize the Value of FastScout Pro - August 31, 2022