Senior Front End Developer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Position Based in Chicago
Software Engineers at FastModel build tools that NBA, WNBA, and NCAA basketball coaches rely on. Are you up to task? Can you:
- Deliver code quickly, but avoid creating technical debt.
- Keep up to date on the latest software trends, but avoid fads.
- Simultaneously teach and learn from others.
- Create user experiences that are intuitive and self-explanatory, but unfold to reveal multiple layers of increasing complexity.
If so, you’ll get a chance to refine your craft in a high-energy, all-star, startup environment. We are an open-minded group and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Some of the people you’ll work with will include:
You will build new products and rebuild existing products for the web. We share responsibilities on most projects, but you should have the expertise to independently build a new web application.
We’ll expect you to have skills on one of these two areas:
- Ruby, Rails
- JQuery, SCSS, SASS
- Cocoa Touch
- XCode, Interface Builder
Plus, the universal stuff:
- REST APIs
- UI/UX, wireframing
- SQL databases
- Web session management, cookies, login, and authentication
Optional, desired skills:
- Backend services (Java, concurrency)
- DevOps on AWS
- Redis, Memcached
- Single Page Application frameworks, like AngularJS, Backbone, Ember
- Other web goodies, like JRuby, Haml, CoffeeScript
- Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or equivalent
- Web Application Security (eg., the OWASP Top 10)
- Android SDK
We are a tenacious, bootstrapped, and profitable small business founded ten years ago by our CEO, Ross Comerford. What differentiates FastModel is the kinship we have with our clients and our passion for making them superstars. Our customers include every NBA and WNBA team and more than 90% of NCAA Division I basketball programs and 6,000 high schools. Check out out Twitter feed to see what we do and what our customers are saying about us.
Our Tech Environment:
- Architecture: AWS (EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, CloudFront, Route53, CloudWatch), Tomcat, Linux, Jenkins, Hockey, Jira, REST, SOAP, MySQL, Redis
- Integrations: SalesForce, PayPal
Recruiters, take note: We are considering direct applicants only.