Film Room articles

Five Possessions: Washington Mystics SLOBs

Five Possessions: Washington Mystics SLOBs

#FivePossessions – Five curated possessions from the Washington Mystics’ sideline out of bounds package featuring Elena Della Donne. Washington Mystics forward Elena Della Donne just became the WNBA’s first ever 50/40/90 player. This elite club is comprised of players who shot at or above 50% total from the field, 40% from three and 90% from the

Five Possessions: North Carolina State 45 Degree Cuts

#FivePossessions – Five curated possessions from the North Carolina State Wolfpack where they demonstrate 45º Cuts in their Spread Ball Screen offense.  (Note: Second installment of a new series entitled #FivePossessions, where we take a look at five possessions featuring a team or player and dive into a particular topic.) The North Carolina State Wolfpack are one of

Five Possessions: Oregon Ducks Zone Concepts

#FivePossessions – Five curated possessions from the Oregon Ducks where they demonstrate valuable Zone Offense concepts. (Note: In this new series entitled #FivePossessions, we’ll take a look at five possessions featuring a team or player and dive into a particular topic. First up, Zone Offense from Oregon Ducks Women’s Basketball.) The Oregon Ducks have one

video playbook short roll FastModel Sports Radius Athletics

Video Playbook: The Short Roll

The short roll is an effective tool when the ball screen defense puts two on the ball. Here’s a look from some masters of the short roll.  When teaching ball screen offense, it is important to equip your players with solutions to various ball screen defense tactics. Without solutions you are just “running something” and doing a

1-4 High Kansas

1-4 to Score: Disguise Offensive Sets Using 1-4 High Alignment

The 1-4 High alignment is one of the best ways to begin offense as it offers so many options, and works vs both man and zone defenses. Summer is almost over and coaches across the country are preparing for the start of the 19-20 basketball season.  Coaches use this time to analyze, modify, and adjust

CSKA Moscow: EuroLeague Champions Breakdown – Early Offense

See what one of the most successful teams in Europe, CSKA Moscow, runs to take advantage early in possessions. Cementing it’s reputation as one of the top basketball clubs in Europe, CSKA Moscow won the EuroLeague Championship in dramatic fashion, surviving Final Four battles against Real Madrid and Anadolu Efes. This is the eight EuroLeague title in

Video Playbook: Staggered Screens

Video Playbook: Staggered Screens – A look across the basketball landscape at options and actions stemming from the staggered down screen. The staggered down screen is a staple in many motion offenses across the basketball landscape. In this video playbook we will look at college, NBA and International teams using the staggered down screen. Staggered Screens:

Inverted Offense: Turn Things Upside Down For Major Benefits

Flip the traditional setup – Inverted Offense posts up a guard, running actions above to create huge advantages and tough covers. If you’ve ever had the privilege of attending the NABC Convention at the Final Four, you know the event is full of big-named presenters. This year was no different with coaches like John Beilein, Bruce

Top